Swedish Proverbs


"Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it."
****
"Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours"
****
"Eyes that do not cry, do not see"
****
"If I had a rose for every time I thought of you, I'd be picking roses for a lifetime."
****
"Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow"
****
"Friendship doubles our joy and divides our grief."
****
"Luck never gives; it only lends"
****
"The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm"
****
"What breaks in a moment may take years to mend."
****
"If you buy what you don't need, you steal from yourself"
****
"A life without love is like a year without summer."
****
"He who cannot keep silence cannot speak"
****
"Don't throw away the old bucket until you know whether the new one holds water"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 DAYS: THE MAHBHARATA RETOLD (CONCEPT NOTES by GRANT MORRISON)

Fact of the Day